Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumped Up About New Products




I got beautiful new glass jars and bottles for my Kalm Skin(http://shop.ecochic-boutique.com/product.sc?productId=17&categoryId=5). I am so excited to be using Eco-friendly glass bottle made in California. And I am also excited to be now offering Kalm Skin in a spray, thanks to my clever friend Courtney. But alas my crisp new bottles must remain empty for a while, in due directly because of my procrastination. I knew that I was running low on my Plantain tincture, but I put it off until weeks had gone by. So now I must patiently wait 3 more weeks while the pure plantain herb infuses high up in the darkest cabinet in my kitchen for the remainder of its 6 week process.......

To distract myself I have been staying up late many nights, hatching new plans and ideas. I have so many possibilities that I think my head will explode or at least start a slow leak(all I can hope is that the contents of my head will be non-toxic to those around me at the time of release). Hopefully I can find the time and money I need to start implementing some of these products SOON.

In the mean time, my newest product now available(as soon as it is posted) is an All Natural toothpaste created by me and used by my whole family. I started a search for the perfect toothpaste about 3 years ago, when I started to realize our dental health could no longer be put on the back burner. I was blessed with very healthy teeth(no cavities-ever!!) and so it would seem half of my children were too, so far. But the other half, not so much:-(. I have been against fluoride for some time now, ever since I read the book Maximum Energy by Ted Broer when I was a teenager. But for a long time my conviction weren't strong enough, I avoided fluoride a little by using baking soda and such, but that wouldn't fly for my husband so I often just used whatever out of convince. I again started started researching the affects of fluoride when I started putting together puzzle piece and patterns of behavior and learning in my daughter. Please do your own research into fluoride and the use of aluminum in dental work. I believe that research shows that fluoride that occurs naturally in ponds and lakes has shown decrease in cavities in those using it, but man-made fluoride(by the way-just a by-product in the production of aluminum) has shown NO such evidence. We will soon be in the process of having our children's aluminum dental work removed and replaced by safe alternatives by a wonderful dentist in fort worth.

So I was in the market for fluoride free toothpaste, and found a wonderful alternative by Herbal Authority with tea tree oil. This has worked for us several years, BUT it was still packaged in aluminum tubes(bad, bad, bad) and I started to wonder "Why can't we have the cavity preventing benefits that fluoride claims?"....WE CAN!!! And it is in my new toothpaste offered for child/adults and babies and packaged in all natural plastic, free of PVC, PP and PS plastics. It is packed with beneficial ingredients, but it's main ingredient is Xylitol. Xylitol is researched and proven to break down the sugar 'bio film' on our teeth and prevents the growth of bacteria on enamel and gums. We love it and it has proven the test of time. And know I am ready to offer it to you, but I need your help. I have been making it with natural mint from my garden and would like to offer it in other flavors. So please chime in and tell me what you think would be your first choices for the Child/Adult paste first choice in the baby paste: Banana, Blackberry, Blueberry, Caramel, Cherry or Fennel(a licorice flavor and grown in my garden). OK so I'm going to go and design the labels for the new toothpaste that I haven't even named yet and wait for your suggestions to start coming in. Thanks in advance.