Friday, October 16, 2009

Humble Beginings



EcoChic Boutique was just one of the 80+ vendors that were out at the Burleson Founder's Day Celebration Saturday. This was our first real show, and if feeling loved and supported counted for success then EcoChic should be in Fortune 500. Out showing the love on a cold October day was; my number one model(aka Chummy Bear), hubby, kiddos, my mom, sis and Joe, my cousin and his young family and lots of good friend. Thanks everyone it was a blast and thanks to Burleson for a fun family fair.

There were several KozyKeeping slings bought for shower gifts, go new mommies and new baby wearers!! And much to my delight I sold my first cloth diapering kits!!! There were two families that made the new commitment to start clothies and much to my surprise they were both families with older babies. I think this economy is opening peoples eyes to the possibilities of what cloth can do for their 'bottom dollar'(hehe).

I'm thrilled to say that one of the families that started the cloth diaper challenge is part of my very own family. Who better to have seen how much I've loved the process and its rewards. Their youngest that will be sporting the soft nappies is a very busy 2 year old boy. Not only are they charting new territory but they have also agreed to bring us along for the ride. I will be in close contact with them almost daily getting their honest candid feedback from day one of the first 30 days. You'll have to stay tuned for that special report, I can't wait to bring it to you. It has already been so fun talking with them everyday about it and have another mommy that cloth diapers too.